The apt Group is one of the leading groups in the European aluminium industry. It produces, processes, and sells aluminium profiles and products for the construction, transportation, automotive and industrial sectors. With its four production sites, the Group is divided into the divisions apt Extrusions (extrusion) and apt Products (further processing). It covers the entire value chain – from development, recycling, extrusion, mechanical processing, surface finishing (anodizing and powder coating) to assembly and logistics. With around 1,000 employees, it generates sales of approximately 380 million euros per year.
This newly created position is located in Monheim (Dusseldorf / Cologne Metropolitan Region), Germany, in the Holding of apt Group, and will be reporting directly to the CEO.
With immediate effect we are looking for you as
HSE Manager – apt Group (m/w/d)
for apt Holding GmbH
- Develop and communicate the company’s overall HSE strategy and policies to ensure alignment with business objectives and industry standards
- Evaluate and revise HSE policies as needed, keeping up-to-date with changes in regulations and best practices
- Participate in all site safety committees and analyze all job hazard activities and ensure compliance to all necessary legal guidelines and perform audit on all activities.
- Monitor, and ensure compliance with local, regional, and international HSE regulations, standards, and legal requirements
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify potential risks and areas for improvement
- Establish and maintain a robust incident reporting and investigation process
- Lead investigations of accidents, near-misses, and environmental incidents, determine root causes and develop preventative measures
- Develop and test emergency response plans to address potential crises or disasters
- Conduct drills and exercises to prepare employees for emergency situations
- Supervise management of all hazardous waste and maintain records of same and ensure the evaluation of all necessary water permits and maintain documents for same and ensure compliance to all HSE programs within a group wide HSE software
- Identify opportunities for enhancing HSE performance and propose innovative solutions
- Analyze data and trends to drive continuous improvement in HSE processes
- Lead the HSE team, and provide them with advice, guidance, and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven experience in HSE management, preferably in a multi-site or multinational organization
- In-depth knowledge of HSE regulations, standards, and best practices
- Confident acting in an international environment, as well as experience in setting up complex transnational project organizations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HSE strategies and policies
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Extensive communication and negotiation skills in English and German
What we offer:
- An attractive salary with numerous additional benefits
- 30 days holiday
- Free employee parking spaces with e-charging points
- Kindergarten places in the company kindergarten
- Attractive benefits with well-known providers (corporate benefits)
- Health services
- Company pension scheme
- Job e-bike
- Various catering services
- A leadership culture that gives you the necessary room for manoeuvre
- A highly motivated team in a familiar working atmosphere
- Open ears for your ideas and suggestions
- A structured and sustainable induction
If you think you fit the job description and profile, we would like to get to know you and look forward to receiving your informative application documents application documents, stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.